You have a right to dispute inaccurate information in your credit report by contacting the credit bureau directly. However, neither you nor any "credit repair" company or credit repair organization has the right to have accurate, current, and verifiable information removed from your credit report. Under the federal "Fair Credit Reporting Act," the credit bureau must remove accurate negative information from your report only if it is over 7 years old. Bankruptcy can be reported for 10 years. After seven or ten years, the information cannot be disclosed by a credit rating agency unless you are being investigated for a credit application of fifty thousand dollars or more, for an application to purchase life insurance of fifty thousand dollars or more, or for employment at an annual salary of twenty thousand dollars or more. Even when a debt has been completely repaid, your report can show that it was paid late if that is accurate.

You have a right to obtain a copy of your credit report from a credit bureau at no charge once per year with additional copies available for a small fee. There is no fee, however, if you have been turned down for credit, employment, insurance, or a rental dwelling because of information in your credit report within the preceding 30 days. You will be required to identify yourself to the credit bureau. The credit bureau must provide someone to help you interpret the information in your credit file. You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report if you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment in the next 60 days, if you are a recipient of public welfare assistance, or of you have reason to believe that there is inaccurate information in your credit report due to fraud.

You have a right to sue a credit services organization that violates the Credit Repair Organization Act or similar state laws. These laws prohibit deceptive practices by credit services organizations. You have the right under most of these laws to cancel your contract with any credit repair organization for any reason within 5 business days from the date you accepted it.

Credit bureaus are required to follow reasonable procedures to ensure that the information they report is accurate. However, mistakes may occur.

You may, on your own, notify a credit bureau in writing that you dispute the accuracy of information in your credit file. The credit bureau must then reinvestigate and modify or remove inaccurate or incomplete information. The credit bureau may not charge any fee for this service. Any pertinent information and copies of all documents you have concerning an error should be given to the credit bureau. If an error is corrected, the credit bureau must notify any person who requested a report on you during the previous two years for employment purposes and the previous six months for any other purpose.

If the credit bureau's reinvestigation does not resolve the dispute to your satisfaction, you may send a brief statement to the credit bureau, to be kept in your file, explaining why you think the record is inaccurate. The credit bureau must include a summary of your statement about disputed information with any report it issues about you.

The Federal Trade Commission enforces the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and regulates credit bureaus and credit repair organizations. For more information contact the Federal Trade Commission as follows:

The Public Reference Branch
Federal Trade Commission
Washington, DC 20580

By acknowledging this notice, you certify that you have received, read, and understood "Consumer Credit File Rights Under State and Federal Law" as stated above.

Dovly, Inc.

4340 E. Indian School Rd. #21-263 Phoenix, AZ 85018 / 623-401-4100 /